Asked by: Elmar Zschochehome and garden home appliances
Why does my Troy Bilt lawn mower won't start?
Last Updated: 27th April, 2022
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, how do you fix a Troy Bilt lawn mower?
- Replace the spark plug.
- Place new gasoline into the engine.
- Replace the air filter.
- Replace the rear flap if it is torn or if part of was ripped off.
- Replace the self-propelled mower's drive belt if the self-propelled wheels will not engage the self-propelled mode.
Likewise, how do you clean the fuel line on a Troy Bilt lawn mower?
- Unscrew the fuel line's clamp on the base of the Troy-Bilt mower's gas tank, using a screwdriver. Pull the fuel line off and direct it into the bucket to capture the old gas.
- Unscrew the clamp holding the fuel line onto the side of the carburetor with the screwdriver.
- Hold the fuel line vertically over the bucket.
Correspondingly, how do you fix a lawn mower that won't start?
Your Mower Won't Start:
- Loose, Dirty or Disconnected Spark Plug in Your Lawn Mower: Check it out, clean off debris, re-connect and tighten.
- Dirty Air Filter: Clean or replace.
- Fuel Not Reaching the Engine: Tap the side of the carburetor to help the flow of gas. If this doesn't work, you might need a new fuel filter.
How do I clean the carburetor on my lawn mower?
Turn off the lawnmower and allow the engine to cool before attempting to clean the carburetor. Remove the air filter cover on the side of the machine using a screwdriver to expose the carburetor. Remove the air filter, as well as the carburetor's exterior cover and linkage to expose the inside of the carburetor.