Asked by: Mellie Aufmhofhome and garden home appliances
How do you adjust the belt tension on a MTD lawn mower?
Last Updated: 10th August, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you adjust the belt on a MTD riding lawn mower?
- Step 1: Position the mower to change the lawn mower belt.
- Step 2: Check the engine temperature before replacing the lawn mower belt.
- Step 3: Detach the spark plug wire.
- Step 4: Remove the cutting deck and battery.
- Step 5: Loosen the transaxle pulley.
- Step 6: Relieve tension on the upper drive belt.
Subsequently, question is, can a lawn mower belt stretch? Belts don't actually stretch in length, the sidewalls wear from pulling, and your belt gets more narrow. That's what makes your belt appear to have stretched. Replace it with a new belt. It will bring your adjustment back to the original size belt.
Also, how do you adjust the belt tension on a Husqvarna riding lawn mower?
How to Adjust the Belt on the Husqvarna YTH20K46
- Turn on the mower via the ignition switch located in the lower-right-hand corner of the panel just below the steering wheel.
- Press the parking brake pedal located on the left side footrest. To set the parking brake, push down hard on the brake pedal.
- Locate the log lever extending from the top of the control panel.
Why does my belt keep slipping off my lawn mower?
The drive belt may come off a riding mower because it is damaged or loose. Even when it does not fall off, such a belt poses dangers. When loose, the belt may slip, resulting in friction that, if it creates enough heat, can lead to a fire in the mower's engine.